The activity who fit you who like speed and a callange. Snow-kite is both fun and exiting. Vaset is the perfect area to learn and practice kiting. There is alot of oppertuities for nice kite spots depending on the wind derection and the strenght.
The goal on this course is that you will have a intruduction to snow kiting, and be able to continue praktice on your own after ended course.
You will learn all you need about safety and control of the kite. Depending on the level of experiense and skills of eash student, some might will start with more advance tasks as jumping already on day 1 of the cours.
We will meet at the alpine center -Vaset skiheiser 10:00 am.
From there we will go to where the wind is the best. Most likely we`ll take the ski lift to top, and from there we have large, wide open area where we can practice.
- We start the course with small training kits to go through the theory in practice and teach us how to control the kite and how the forces in the kite / wind work. After going through the various exercises, we go over to show the rigging of large kites.
- Then we go straight to practice with big kites in teams of 2 and 2. We play with the powers of the kite and learn all about safety system and wind window.
- At a suitable time, we put in lunch and eat our packed lunch. If there is good weather then we eat outside, but we can also go down to the SkiKroa (The local cafeteria) and warm ourselves if there should be rough weather. :)
- In addition to having fun, the goal of the course is that you will be able to handle a large kite alone so that you are able to continue kite after the course in a safe and successful way.
- We are staying out till 4 pm / 5 pm every day.
- Kite and kite equipment.
- Instructor and training.
Equipment you need to have yourself.
- Winterclothing: Soldering underwear (preferably wool), wind / waterproof outer coat with hood, hat, gloves / mittens, insulation jacket (down, primaloft or wool)
- Alpine skis or snowboard
- Sunglasses / skigoogles
- We can help you with equipment if you dont have everything- contakt us in advance.
- Minimum 3 participants.
- Accomandation is not included. Do you wich great recommendations and good price, we can help you.
- The course is arranged as a collaboration between Kiteskolen.no and Vaset Aktiv.
- Questions? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +47 41272850
The course is arranged three weekends winter 2019:
- 19-20. January
- 23-24. February
- 16-17. March
Ps: Changes can occur!
Organizer: Vaset Aktiv